Thrust Area - 1 : Developing tourism related infrastructure.
- Improved infrastructure for tourism development.
- Improved and beautified tourism locations.
Thrust Area - 2 : Development & dissemination of tourism information.
- Developed tourism information system.
- Disseminated tourism information.
Thrust Area - 3 : Enhanced business opportunities.
- Promoted marketable products related to tourism.
- Enhanced fund raising strategies and investment opportunities.
Thrust Area - 4 : Tourism related skill development.
- Developed skills to improve tourism products and services.
- Developed skills to improve the capacity of organizations and institutions.
Thrust Area - 5 : Institutional capacity development & governance.
- Established & strengthened institutions involved in tourism development and coordination.
- Performance of tourism development monitored and evaluated.
- Performance of Bureau evaluated.
Three day training program for improving the skills of the service providers in the tourism industry with the objective of promoting tourism in the eastern region held at Kulakottan training centre in Trincomalee.Inauguration ceremony of this 3 day training program held under the chairmanship of A.S.M.Fayis, General Manager Eastern province tourism Bureau. Australian volunteer Miss Lisa, tourism expert Mr Pascal, development officer of EPTB Mr Jaasir and other officials were also taken part on this occasion.
Discussion on reviving and rebuilding the tourism sector from the affects after the Easter Sunday attack held on 20.06.2019 in Trincomalee with the chairmanship Indika Nalin the Chairman of Eastern Province Tourism Bureau. This was organized by the Eastern Province Tourism Bureau under the guidance of its General Manager Mr. A.S.M. Fayis.