Thrust Area - 1 : Developing tourism related infrastructure.
- Improved infrastructure for tourism development.
- Improved and beautified tourism locations.
Thrust Area - 2 : Development & dissemination of tourism information.
- Developed tourism information system.
- Disseminated tourism information.
Thrust Area - 3 : Enhanced business opportunities.
- Promoted marketable products related to tourism.
- Enhanced fund raising strategies and investment opportunities.
Thrust Area - 4 : Tourism related skill development.
- Developed skills to improve tourism products and services.
- Developed skills to improve the capacity of organizations and institutions.
Thrust Area - 5 : Institutional capacity development & governance.
- Established & strengthened institutions involved in tourism development and coordination.
- Performance of tourism development monitored and evaluated.
- Performance of Bureau evaluated.
Today the Eastern Province Tourism Bureau, along with the Honorable Governor of the Eastern Province, Anuradha Yahampath, launched their 2020 digital marketing tourism campaign “Visit East Sri Lanka”, designed to support and promote tourism industries across the entire Province to international audiences.
The new website www.visiteastsrilanka.lk and short videos posted on the Bureau’s Instagram @visiteast_srilanka and Facebook @visiteastsrilanka highlight the existing signature experiences across the Eastern Province, aiming to draw a larger number of visitors to the East.
Three day training program for improving the skills of the service providers in the tourism industry with the objective of promoting tourism in the eastern region held at Kulakottan training centre in Trincomalee.Inauguration ceremony of this 3 day training program held under the chairmanship of A.S.M.Fayis, General Manager Eastern province tourism Bureau. Australian volunteer Miss Lisa, tourism expert Mr Pascal, development officer of EPTB Mr Jaasir and other officials were also taken part on this occasion.