Thrust Area - 1 : Strengthening rural development societies (RDSs) and women rural development societies (WRDSs).
- RDSs & WRDSs actively participated in rural development processes.
- Improved capital assets of RDSs & WRDSs.
Thrust Area - 2 : Small and micro entrepreneurship development.
- Improved accessibility to micro financing.
- Improved accessibility of marketing.
- Improved skill of entrepreneurship.
- Encouraged women participation on entrepreneurship.
Thrust Area - 3 : Improvement of community infrastructure facilities.
- Sustainably improved small & medium community infrastructure facilities.
- Sustainably improved community infrastructure facilities in isolated & underserved villages.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional capacity development and governance.
- Knowledgeable and skilled staff.
- Improved physical assets of department of rural development.
- Improved quality management system of department of rural development.
A 150 meter lengthy concrete road was declared open on 09.05.2019 at Irrakamam in Ampara District for public utilization. This concrete road was constructed under “Isolated and Underserved Village Development Programme” at the cost of Rs.1.5 million. At this opening ceremony Secretary of Chief Ministry, Director-Planning of Chief Ministry, Director of Department of Rural Development and several officials were also participated.
A village level discussion to identify and prioritize the village people’s needs was held at RDS Building Koththiyapulla village in Vavunatheevu Divisional Secretary division on 28.05.2019. This discussion was arranged by District Rural Development Officer of Batticaloa and held under the chairmanship of Mr.R.Neduncheliyan, Director Planning of Chief Ministry-EP. At this discussion people’s immediate needs were focused and their feedbacks for successful implementation of this programme were also taken into consideration.