Thrust Area - 1 :Provincial planning process and systems.
- Formulated comprehensive result based medium-term development plan for EP and sector implementation programmes.
- Ensured optimum utilization of mobilized resources with balanced approach to meet development targets.
Thrust Area - 2 : Coordination & monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Ensured effective coordination among the stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Strengthened monitoring mechanisms for project implementation of consolidated AIP.
Thrust Area - 3 : Information management and dissemination.
- Operationalized ICT lead reliable and user friendly information system for policy, planning and management.
- Improved dissemination process of updated information for quick & easy access for public.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Competent staff performing in pleasure working environment with innovatives.
- Created modern office infrastructure facilities with appropriate structure & effective ICT system.
- Ensured balance development and equity & equality in development among sub-region and communities.
The 2nd Provincial Planning Committee Meeting of EPC for the year 2018 was held on 02nd August 2018 at 9.00 a.m. at the EPC Conference Hall, Varothayanagar, Trincomalee under chairmanship of the Chief Secretary, EPC with the participation of the Secretaries, Deputy Chief Secretaries, Heads of Departments & relevant senior officers of EPC, representatives from three District Secretariats and senior officials from Central Bank as well.
The first Provincial Planning Committee Meeting of EPC for this year was held at 9.30 a.m. on 27th April 2018 at the EPC Conference Hall, Varothayanagar, Trincomalee.
The Chief Secretary chaired the meeting with his warm welcome address. He introduced new DCS-Planning Mr.N.Thamilchelvan and extended gratitude to former DCS-Planning, Mr.V.Mahendrarajah for his valuable services in the EPC .