Thrust Area - 1 :Provincial planning process and systems.
- Formulated comprehensive result based medium-term development plan for EP and sector implementation programmes.
- Ensured optimum utilization of mobilized resources with balanced approach to meet development targets.
Thrust Area - 2 : Coordination & monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Ensured effective coordination among the stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Strengthened monitoring mechanisms for project implementation of consolidated AIP.
Thrust Area - 3 : Information management and dissemination.
- Operationalized ICT lead reliable and user friendly information system for policy, planning and management.
- Improved dissemination process of updated information for quick & easy access for public.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Competent staff performing in pleasure working environment with innovatives.
- Created modern office infrastructure facilities with appropriate structure & effective ICT system.
- Ensured balance development and equity & equality in development among sub-region and communities.
The Regional Director for UNICEF South Asia Ms.Jean Gough together with Mr.Tim Sutton,Representative for UNICEF Sri Lanka and his team visited EPC, Trincomalee on 29th May 2019 to discuss the “Citizen Budget” initiative with the EPC and the overall education status of children in the Province.
The Discussion was held under Chairmanship of Chief Secretary at the Conference Hall of Chief Secretary’s Office. The Deputy Chief Secretary –Planning, Secretary of Ministry of Education and Senior Offices from Provincial Planning Secretariat, Ministry of Education and UNICE Regional Office participated at the meeting.
A team, accompanied by Chairman, Secretary and other Senior Officials of the Finance Commission visited EPC, Trincomalee on 20th & 21st of April 2019 in view to review the proposed Annual Development Plan of EPC - 2019 and to monitor the selected projects implemented in 2018 under PSDG & CBG programmes as their general approach before giving their concurrence.