Thrust Area - 1 : Undertaking training needs analyses.
- Identified training needs.
Thrust Area - 2 : Organizing training programmes.
- Designed comprehensive training programmes.
- Conducted training programmes.
- Enhanced ICT knowledge and skills.
Thrust Area - 3 : Appraisal of the performance of trainees.
- Assessed quality of training programmes.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Provided required facilities and logistics for trainees.
- Skilled and trained staff.
- Promoted productivity improvement.
To enhance the capacity of ICT Officers and equip them with current technologies, The MDTU has introduced a new training programme on Android app Development. A three days training Programme on this was conducted by MDTU in English medium from 29 May 2019 to 31 May 2019 at MDTU ICT Lab, Trincomalee. Mr.T.Sunthararajah, Development Officer (DCS (P&T) – PICT Unit) was served as the Resource Person of this Training Programme.
One day Training Programme on Safety Driving & Highway Road Rules was conducted by MDTU for Tamil medium Drivers on 9th May 2019 at MDTU Auditorium, Trincomalee. Mr.R.A.J.S. RANAWEERA (IP OIC Traffic), Mr.W.D.N. Chandrathna (PS), and Mr.M.S.M. Mujahith (PC) of Trincomalee Police Headquarters were served as the Resource Persons of this Training Programme.