Thrust Area - 1 : Undertaking training needs analyses.
- Identified training needs.
Thrust Area - 2 : Organizing training programmes.
- Designed comprehensive training programmes.
- Conducted training programmes.
- Enhanced ICT knowledge and skills.
Thrust Area - 3 : Appraisal of the performance of trainees.
- Assessed quality of training programmes.
Thrust Area - 4 : Institutional development and governance.
- Provided required facilities and logistics for trainees.
- Skilled and trained staff.
- Promoted productivity improvement.
Training Programme on Library Management has been conducted by MDTU from 24-25 April 2018 at Batticaloa Public Library Hall for Library Assistants. Mr. N. Manivannan, Batticaloa Municipal Commissioner inaugurated the training and Mr Mihira Aravinda, Assistant Director, National Library Services Board, Mr T Ramanan, Senior Assistant Librarian, Eastern University, Mr .W. J. Jeyaraj ( EUSL), Mr M. S. M Shiham & Mr C. M. Safeek of National Library Services Board were served as the resource persons.
MDTU has conducted a Training Programme on productivity from 23-24 April 2018 at Ampara RDHS Hall for Sinhala medium Officers. This training was aimed to enhance the public service delivery and its efficiency. Officials from Productivity Secretariat has been served as the resource persons of this training.