Thrust Area - 1 : Providing quality and reliable indigenous health care services.
- Improved indigenous curative health care services.
- Improved indigenous preventive health care services.
- Established integrated hospitals (western & ayurveda).
- Improved health education system.
Thrust Area - 2 : Promote ayurveda medical tourism.
- Improved special treatment units.
- Conserved and developed commercial herbal plantation with participation of private farmers.
- Provided foreign trainings to Ayurveda MOs with sponsorship of foreign private companies.
Thrust Area - 3 : Promote self sufficiency in herbal medicines and commercialization.
- Established herbal gardens in each indigenous medical institution.
- Established large scale Herbal garden in each district.
- Established drugs sales outlets in each district.
Thrust Area - 4 : Conservation, strengthening and promotion of accepted traditional medical practices.
- Obtained services of special traditional physicians.
- Printed traditional manuscript books /CDs.
- Provided equipment to be used for traditional treatment.
Thrust Area - 5 : Institutional development and governance.
- Provided training on capacity development for staff.
- Improved office system.
- Established online data updating system in Indigenous hospitals.
We had conducted Awareness Programmes at Orr’s hill Vivekanantha School on 2019.06.28 and at Sinhala Maha Vidyalaya on 2019.07.01.
The of Department of Indigenous Medicine has arranged a “Vesak Dansala” on 01.05.2018 at front of Eastern Provincial Council. Traditional value of Herbal drinks such as welimal and Iramusu osupan (Dansala) given to public.