Thrust Area - 1 : Increasing sustainable production of milk, meat and eggs.
- Increased production of milk.
- Increased production of meat.
- Increased production of egg.
Thrust Area - 2 : Productivity enhancement, protection and conservation of livestock resources.
- Improved quality of cattle & goats
- Increased production of quality animal feed.
Thrust Area - 3 : Promoting commercialization of livestock industry.
- Enhanced income generation capacity of the farmers.
- Improved marketing facilities.
- Promoted processing and value addition (curd and yoghurt).
Thrust Area - 4 : Promotion of veterinary public health and animal welfare.
- Improved animal health.
- Improved veterinary public health.
- Improved animal welfare.
Thrust Area - 5 : Institutional development and governance.
- Improved institutional facilities.
- Trained and skilled managerial, technical staff and farmer societies.
- Performance of Institutions, programme and project monitored and evaluated.
- Circulars, Guidelines and recommendations complied with and implemented.
- Legal documents to safe guard the long term interests of the livestock industry prepared & adhered.
Department of Animal Production and Health, Eastern Province is presently organizing “Rabies Awareness Week” from 29th October to 2nd November 2018 in various parts of Eastern Province. Dog sterilization as well as rabies control activities are planned to be held during the course of this week in collaboration with the Department of Health and Department of Local Government, Eastern Province